Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox - sponsored by IRSmart's ToyBox! Open the Shoutbox in a popup

The Shoutbox is not intended for technical discussions. Please post your technical questions in the forums so that everyone can benefit.
@  borgwarrior : (15 December 2014 - 05:53 AM) Is there any chance of my car "forgetting" the auto lock, after I've changed the radio to another, which is still stock? (By auto lock I mean the central lock engaging over 20-is mph)
@  Stratuscaster : (12 December 2014 - 10:42 PM) Cache table crashed. Should be fixed.

Photo

Heated vs. Non-heated power mirror

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 LoadStar

LoadStar

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 24 December 2004 - 12:46 PM

I have a 2000 Cirrus with non-heated powered mirrors. My driver's side mirror got sheared off, so I'm trying to find a replacement. I can find plenty of manuals, and plenty of powered HEATED mirrors.

From what I understand, the difference between heated and non-heated is that the heated have an additional two wires for the heating elements, and of course this means a different connector.

My thinking is that I could get a heated mirror, cut off the connector, and figure out which of the two wires are for the heating elements, and cut those back. Use the old connector from my broken mirror, and I should be all set.

Does this sound reasonable? If so, does anyone have an idea how hard it'd be? I figure it shouldn't be all that hard with a multimeter and a little probing around.

Otherwise - anyone have a source for NON-HEATED powered mirrors? From what I've found so far, aftermarket only makes heated powered, and the salvage yards I've checked with only have broken mirrors.

#2 sxtstrat06

sxtstrat06

• New Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 26 December 2004 - 07:12 PM

I don't know much about heated mirrors but i know that you should be able to figure it out and the installation should be simple and it has to be a easy electrical thing. i think heated mirrors would come in handy after a frost or freeze never knoe when those come arround... id keep goin with the heated mirrors and try to figure it out... it would be a nice lil addition :naughty: