Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox - sponsored by IRSmart's ToyBox! Open the Shoutbox in a popup

The Shoutbox is not intended for technical discussions. Please post your technical questions in the forums so that everyone can benefit.
@  Dylan214 : (16 October 2014 - 09:23 AM) Theronz, Look in general discussion for answer
@  Dylan214 : (16 October 2014 - 06:01 AM) thats what i thought. okay, let me pull the data again i will let u no
@  KennyL : (16 October 2014 - 04:15 AM) "final drive" would be the differential ratio.
@  KennyL : (16 October 2014 - 04:14 AM) I think the technical name is "transfer gears", since they aren't actually part of the drive system.
@  theronz : (16 October 2014 - 03:23 AM) how much are road rage gears worth these days anyways?
@  theronz : (15 October 2014 - 04:48 PM) ehhh final drive gears? transfer gears? input/output? i dont remember the specific name.
@  Dylan214 : (15 October 2014 - 03:01 PM) let me no what gears your actually talking about they have 4 different names.
@  Dylan214 : (15 October 2014 - 02:40 PM) let me look on all data hold on
@  theronz : (15 October 2014 - 01:02 PM) can anyone PLEASE pull off a trans side cover and find out what size sockets hold the gears on?
@  KennyL : (15 October 2014 - 10:25 AM) The main thing I wanted was the 2.4 stuff and the wideband. I could take his 2.4 apart, combine good parts and some other parts along with new gaskets and such and build a hell of a 2.4 N/A to hold me over until I can get supercharger stuff.
@  KennyL : (15 October 2014 - 10:22 AM) It is a JA, but his car is an auto. Has the rare "road rage" straight cut gears to give a much better gear ratio for accelleration.
@  Dylan214 : (15 October 2014 - 10:00 AM) Yeah, its a JA right? I could use the 5speed stuff.
@  KennyL : (15 October 2014 - 08:59 AM) I could drive there in a few hours...heh. No cash.
@  KennyL : (15 October 2014 - 08:59 AM) He lives in northern Indiana, pretty far from you.
@  Dylan214 : (15 October 2014 - 08:54 AM) SO tempting but how far away are u ?
@  KennyL : (15 October 2014 - 06:10 AM) I would suggest at least finding the time to pull the trans side gears. I know Joe would grab those and if you don't have a stock set handy I could find time to pull the side gears from my spare trans and send them your way perhaps. The car will be much more "saleable" when it's getting better fuel econ, heh.
@  KennyL : (15 October 2014 - 06:07 AM) OH, I see. I forgot about the getting it running bit. No way I can come up with that, though. If I had any extra cash for car parts at the moment, I would personally come up there and nab that 2.4, pull the wideband myself and nab some other goodies...heh.
@  theronz : (14 October 2014 - 07:43 PM) its running perfectly with the original 2.0sohc installed bro. hell it was my ONLY mode of transpo from 7/13 to 6/14, I only parked it cuz i got my new cars. you can jump in and drive it across the country. hows $2500 jammed FULL of spare extra parts and a 2.4 in the trunk sound?
@  KennyL : (14 October 2014 - 06:26 AM) You'd probably be lucky to get $500 out of it not running as it sits. Perhaps a few hundred in scrap value, but that would be a real shame. Doubt anyone here could buy it. I know I can't with all the moving and stuff, car is far back burner...heh. I was just curious.

Photo

Heated vs. Non-heated power mirror