Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox - sponsored by IRSmart's ToyBox! Open the Shoutbox in a popup

The Shoutbox is not intended for technical discussions. Please post your technical questions in the forums so that everyone can benefit.
@  theronz : (22 September 2014 - 01:36 AM) (i will never forget my brothers, but i have, i have come to the darkside). and it is good here. bwah. bwah ha ha. bwahaha hahaha.
@  theronz : (22 September 2014 - 01:27 AM) i have sooo much stuff for sale! just ask! pm me or whatever...
@  theronz : (22 September 2014 - 12:08 AM) ok, 10 day forcast looks like pulling parts this weekend (9-27-14). keep ya posted, and some of you have dibs. i need to sell EVERYTHING i have related to this car. we are planning to move to where it dont snow;)
@  intelon : (18 September 2014 - 05:24 PM) I'm currently having the same engine problem with my stratus, it makes the same noise but I haven't figured out where it's coming from. I've been done it's because one of the lifters is getting stuck or something
@  Koolguy007 : (18 September 2014 - 02:30 PM) I had to use the stock pistons with new rings due to financial constraints. Someone offered me an engine for 800 with a dead cylinder, and thats the cheapest I found. I had to work with what I had. The block was hardly wore and still in spec. It sounds louder from underneath just like the video, but mine started as soon as I started it. All journals were plasticgauged and were on the very tight end of tolerance, but not out of the listed spec. All new gaskets, bearings, rings, and oil pump was installed.
@  KennyL : (18 September 2014 - 06:54 AM) It all depends on where the noise is coming from. The video doesn't really sound like slap, but people also say it's a "neon typical" noise and is caused by the power steering pump, of all things.
@  KennyL : (18 September 2014 - 06:42 AM) Did you have the engine bored to straighten out bores and have it cut to the individual pistons? Therefore, insuring correct piston to wall clearance? If you just honed and used stock replacement pistons and new rings, you might be having more slap due to excessive piston/wall clearances.
@  KennyL : (18 September 2014 - 06:39 AM) Hrm, some comments mention piston slap, which isn't as major. If it were a main or rod bearing you'd know it pretty fast.
@  KennyL : (18 September 2014 - 06:37 AM) I thought it was a collapsed lifter/cam adjuster causing the pecking noise at first, but that's a lot louder under the car...not a good sign for the engine in the video. Can you tell exactly where yours is coming from?
@  Koolguy007 : (17 September 2014 - 07:28 PM) Just rebuilt the engine in a Neon and now I have this exact sound but worse. Has someone encountered this?

Photo

Water in drivers floor board....

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#1 FUJIM0

FUJIM0

• New Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 04 April 2008 - 04:18 PM

The drivers floor board gets wet when it's raining... It's not the sunroof and it's not the drivers window. How much stuff under the dash could leak? Anyone else had this problem? I'm sick of the musty smell in my car, any advise would be greatly appreciated.. ;)

#2 IRSmart

IRSmart

On a steel horse I ride

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,180 posts

Posted 04 April 2008 - 04:23 PM

it's probably leaking from the outside.....

#3 70sdude

70sdude

Member Level II

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 105 posts

Posted 04 April 2008 - 04:42 PM

could be from around the windshield area......around the base..on my old mopars I would get some clear silicone and go around where the chrome part met the body..sure helped alot

#4 FUJIM0

FUJIM0

• New Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 04 April 2008 - 06:37 PM

it's probably leaking from the outside.....

Yea? Ya Think? ;)

could be from around the windshield area......around the base..on my old mopars I would get some clear silicone and go around where the chrome part met the body..sure helped alot

Thanks bud, I check that out, Hopefully it's that simple...

#5 IRSmart

IRSmart

On a steel horse I ride

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,180 posts

Posted 04 April 2008 - 06:41 PM

;) i was kidding

but yeah, my woman's car was leaking and it was the seal around the windshield

#6 tim1086

tim1086

TIMMAY!!!!

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,601 posts

Posted 04 April 2008 - 08:38 PM

Mine was the door weather stripping.

#7 BlackStratus

BlackStratus

puck fotholes!

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,307 posts

Posted 05 April 2008 - 04:42 PM

Mine was the door weather stripping.

x2.. had that

#8 Howard33Stratus

Howard33Stratus

Bob33

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 746 posts

Posted 05 April 2008 - 09:22 PM

check door when closed to see if you can move it inwards (more closed). If you tighten it up a bit by moving the striker on the door post you can tighten up the weatherstripping a bit if you see no rips in the weatherstripping as suggested in earlier posts.

#9 Apollo

Apollo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 30 posts

Posted 08 April 2008 - 02:35 PM

The drivers floor board gets wet when it's raining... It's not the sunroof and it's not the drivers window. How much stuff under the dash could leak? Anyone else had this problem? I'm sick of the musty smell in my car, any advise would be greatly appreciated.. :lol:

Hey Fujimo, I am having the same problem with my 2001 Stratus ES. Have you figured it out what was wrong with your car? Please let me know. Where is the water coming from?

#10 Stratuscaster

Stratuscaster

Radiating awesomeness...

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,922 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 08 April 2008 - 02:56 PM

Could be from the A/C. The drain may be clogged. Usually that leak appears on the passenger side, but it could appear elsewhere.

(Remember, your A/C runs when you set the HVAC to defrost, too.)

#11 tony

tony

Just joined...

• New Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 08 April 2008 - 07:03 PM

The drivers floor board gets wet when it's raining... It's not the sunroof and it's not the drivers window. How much stuff under the dash could leak? Anyone else had this problem? I'm sick of the musty smell in my car, any advise would be greatly appreciated.. :lol:

i had the same problem its from your door seal you have to get a new one or make shure thers not something there obstructing the seal from connecting with the door

#12 Apollo

Apollo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 30 posts

Posted 09 April 2008 - 08:21 AM

Could be from the A/C. The drain may be clogged. Usually that leak appears on the passenger side, but it could appear elsewhere.

(Remember, your A/C runs when you set the HVAC to defrost, too.)

Where is the A/C drain located at? Thanks.

#13 IRSmart

IRSmart

On a steel horse I ride

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,180 posts

Posted 09 April 2008 - 08:29 AM

Apollo- keep in mind he has a coupe and you have a sedan, and they're 2 entirely different cars. while you may have the same problem, you might also not

#14 Apollo

Apollo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 30 posts

Posted 09 April 2008 - 04:19 PM

Apollo- keep in mind he has a coupe and you have a sedan, and they're 2 entirely different cars. while you may have the same problem, you might also not

It is so aggravating to have this kind of problem. I can not afford to take my car to the dealership and live it there until they figure it out what is wrong with it. How am i going to get to work? I am just venting out. It is supposed to rain again tonight, all night.

#15 Stratuscaster

Stratuscaster

Radiating awesomeness...

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,922 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 09 April 2008 - 05:21 PM

It may require you being in the car during a rain storm to see just where the water is coming in from.

#16 Apollo

Apollo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 30 posts

Posted 12 April 2008 - 02:14 PM

It may require you being in the car during a rain storm to see just where the water is coming in from.

I am not sure if I have my problem fixed or not. (wet floor board) I took the fender well cover out on the driver side because that's where I am having problem with. I found a lot of dirt build up in there and I think it is clogging up the drain holes, if there is any in that location. I think, I am not sure. It rained the night I did that work and it seems like the wetness inside my car did not get worst, but once again I am not really sure yet.

#17 FUJIM0

FUJIM0

• New Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 15 April 2008 - 05:23 AM

I think I found the problem, it was an "If it was a snake" thing. Posted Image

#18 FUJIM0

FUJIM0

• New Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 15 April 2008 - 06:27 AM

The idiot that had the car before me pulled the boot for the doors harness loose and ran wires through it, water was running down the wires into the floorboard. Just glad nothing shorted out.

#19 Apollo

Apollo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 30 posts

Posted 15 April 2008 - 01:36 PM

The idiot that had the car before me pulled the boot for the doors harness loose and ran wires through it, water was running down the wires into the floorboard. Just glad nothing shorted out.

I am glad you got it figured it out. I think I got my car issue fixed too. I am just waiting for that hard rain to come to see if I got it fix or not. Just like I said before, I had to take my fender well out and see what kind of mess I had in there. What I found was compacted dirt, it was so compacted that water could not drain out of it. Thanks for the reply.

#20 IRSmart

IRSmart

On a steel horse I ride

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,180 posts

Posted 15 April 2008 - 01:40 PM

does no one own a hose that they can spray on the car? Posted Image