Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox - sponsored by IRSmart's ToyBox! Open the Shoutbox in a popup

The Shoutbox is not intended for technical discussions. Please post your technical questions in the forums so that everyone can benefit.
@  Low-Speed : (19 November 2014 - 06:54 PM) the diameter on the large and small section of the strut above the perch, as well as the rod diameter
@  Dylan214 : (19 November 2014 - 06:49 PM) What u need? There stock mopar shocks and springs lol
@  Low-Speed : (19 November 2014 - 06:25 PM) I mostly need measurements
@  Dylan214 : (19 November 2014 - 06:01 PM) I put 4 new strut mounts on them. At 55k. The car got 59,619 miles on it
@  Dylan214 : (19 November 2014 - 06:00 PM) I'm still on my stock ones. Ill be changing over this winter so if u need a set.
@  Low-Speed : (19 November 2014 - 05:32 PM) Better yet, is there anyone here with a set of stock shocks out of the car?
@  Low-Speed : (19 November 2014 - 04:10 PM) Kenny - check your facebook
@  Dylan214 : (19 November 2014 - 12:32 PM) no miles on them.
@  Dylan214 : (19 November 2014 - 12:31 PM) I also own a set of Eibach Pro-Kit lowering springs
@  KennyL : (19 November 2014 - 08:58 AM) Sending a PM Mr. William, I have an idea.
@  KennyL : (19 November 2014 - 08:14 AM) Run the NEX if you're got them, they are much better quality than a slip-on coil-over. You can indipendantly adjust the ride height and the spring pre-load, is the main difference.
@  Dylan214 : (19 November 2014 - 08:05 AM) Being they fell in my lap I own a set of Koni adjustable/coil-over and NEX(Ebay 300$) I am still deciding what ones do I run
@  Low-Speed : (19 November 2014 - 06:56 AM) I just want a set of Maxspeed/DropZone style for now
@  KennyL : (19 November 2014 - 06:19 AM) I didn't think anyone still carried the NEX for this platform, that's good to know. The AMR is far exceptional in quality and custom made for your application. All dependent on budget, and I know yours is slim. The NEX set at that price is cheaper than they were new during the group buy. Probably the best deal in coil-overs to be found.
@  Low-Speed : (19 November 2014 - 05:09 AM) http://www.cooperrac...COILOVER/Detail
@  KennyL : (19 November 2014 - 04:01 AM) Sorry, William, can't let go of mine just yet. I did finally get an email back from AMR engineering, though. He said making a set of high quality coil-overs for the Stratus platform would be "a piece of cake, just another day at the office". $1600 to $1795 shipped. Check out the Neon AMRs, they're top quality. If I could afford a set right now, you'd be getting my Koni adjustable/coil-over setup on the cheap. Heh.
@  borgwarrior : (19 November 2014 - 02:44 AM) Sgtmyers, what do you mean by erratic? The misfires? Those i dont have. I'd try a higher octane fuel first though. I'll ask the club, maybe they have a solution.
@  Low-Speed : (18 November 2014 - 07:16 PM) Anyone have a set of eBay coil sleeves they want to let go cheap?
@  sgtmyers88 : (18 November 2014 - 07:13 PM) Borgwarrior How did you fix your erratic engine problem?
@  Low-Speed : (18 November 2014 - 05:23 PM) I am going to have to rename it Plan C at this point

Photo

P0455 - Evap Emission System Leak Detected (gross leak/no flow)

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 SLeagle328

SLeagle328

Member Level III

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 196 posts

Posted 11 September 2009 - 06:54 PM

So what is it?

Did I do some additional damage to my a/c system?

Thanks.

Freeze Frame Data from my scanner:
Fuel Sys 1: CL
Fuel Sys 2: NA
Calc Load(%): 5.88
ECT(deg C): 73
MAP(kPa): 29.00
Engine RPM:1280
Veh Spd(km/h): 56

P.S: I already googled the code, so I'm looking for more than just the basics... does this have anything to do w/ the A/C system? Is it possible that with the heat generated from snapping the drive belt over the seized a/c clutch something else broke?

Edited by SLeagle328, 11 September 2009 - 07:10 PM.

#2 jbuff

jbuff

CruZin Detroit!

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,563 posts

Posted 11 September 2009 - 06:59 PM

This indicates a fuel vapor leak or lack of purge flow in the EVAP control system. It means a large leak has been detected. The (EVAP) emission control system prevents the escape of fuel vapors from a vehicle's fuel system. Fuel vapors are routed by hoses to a charcoal canister for storage. Later, when the engine is running a purge control valve opens allowing intake vacuum to siphon the fuel vapors into the engine.

Causes: A code p0455 most likely means one or more of the following has happened:

•A loose or improperly affixed gas cap
•A non-conforming gas cap (i.e. not factory/original brand)
•Other leak or damaged piece in EVAP system

Possible Solutions: With a p0455, the most common repair is to:

•Remove and reinstall the gas cap, clear the codes, and drive for a day and see if the codes come back.
•Otherwise, replace the gas cap, and/or
•Inspect the EVAP system for cuts/holes in tubes/hoses (you may hear a vacuum noise or smell fuel), repair if necessary

jess :lol:

#3 SLeagle328

SLeagle328

Member Level III

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 196 posts

Posted 11 September 2009 - 07:02 PM

Thank you Jess.

I already saw that...

Rather than just the definition of the code, I was more looking for an educated guess based on what just happened to the car's a/c system...

#4 jbuff

jbuff

CruZin Detroit!

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,563 posts

Posted 11 September 2009 - 07:09 PM

how well is the car running?

jess

#5 SLeagle328

SLeagle328

Member Level III

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 196 posts

Posted 11 September 2009 - 07:12 PM

how well is the car running?

jess

Car is running fine, although the CEL just appeared a few mins ago. A/C Clutch seized about two weeks ago. I was driving it for maybe a total of 10 miles while the light was on.

#6 SLeagle328

SLeagle328

Member Level III

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 196 posts

Posted 12 September 2009 - 04:59 PM

So looks like it was the gas cap, it was never screwed down... I put it back on and cleared the code.

I was worried that when the belt snapped it hit a hose or broke something under the hood, but maybe not.

Thanks!

#7 captainkirk

captainkirk

Active Member Lvl III

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,764 posts

Posted 12 September 2009 - 06:28 PM

That's great, glad to hear it was nothing bad and/or expensive.

#8 jbuff

jbuff

CruZin Detroit!

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,563 posts

Posted 13 September 2009 - 08:53 PM

Thank you Jess.

I already saw that...

Rather than just the definition of the code, I was more looking for an educated guess based on what just happened to the car's a/c system...

<_< :P lol at least its fixed...

jess

#9 MRxEMERICA690

MRxEMERICA690

Member Level II

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 104 posts

Posted 14 September 2009 - 10:35 PM

I hate this code. i had this code so many times thats its not funny. here was my fix. the EGR tube that goes into the upper intake manifold was loose. there was a leak. if you have the car running and run your finger around there and you feel a little bit of suction. there it is. at school i did the smog test and thats how i found it. there are many ways. but dont replace parts when you dont need them. hope this kind of helps. hahaha. nothing to do with the Air Conditioning system. its an emission problem.

man i feel stupid. maybe i should read all the posts like 5 times before replying. i didnt even read that it was fixed. lol. WOOOOSH right over the head.