Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox - sponsored by IRSmart's ToyBox! Open the Shoutbox in a popup

The Shoutbox is not intended for technical discussions. Please post your technical questions in the forums so that everyone can benefit.
@  KennyL : (24 July 2014 - 04:50 AM) You can have a wife and kids and still mess with cars, but it requires resource micro-management. Most notably time and money spent between the family and hobby.
@  KennyL : (24 July 2014 - 04:49 AM) He's had the wife (well, girlfriend earlier on) the entire time he has had the car. I'd say the child and the turbocharger pitfall were the kickers.
@  Stratuscaster : (23 July 2014 - 02:41 PM) "Life" happened to nstenz - and his lovely wife and child.
@  Dylan214 : (23 July 2014 - 01:58 PM) what happen to Nstez?
@  BeaterStatus : (23 July 2014 - 12:30 PM) I'm finally buying oxygen and acetylene for my Lincoln Electric outfit... because hot knife thru butter
@  KennyL : (23 July 2014 - 09:40 AM) I am kind of curious as to wheather or not he simply quit posting or totally abandoned his turbo project after the "silvastratus" event.
@  KennyL : (23 July 2014 - 09:34 AM) One of them, I do see two sometimes as well. I don't know anything factual, but I have a strange feeling nstenz might be watching still.
@  IRSmart : (22 July 2014 - 10:47 PM) the anon sign in was me
@  BeaterStatus : (21 July 2014 - 01:12 PM) While I may be stealthy, I have nothing to hide here lol
@  borgwarrior : (21 July 2014 - 11:14 AM) Beware of the 2.5l ignition coils - mechanics say. And they were right lol
@  intelon : (21 July 2014 - 10:52 AM) it could be me, I check the forum a lot but I don't post that often
@  KennyL : (21 July 2014 - 04:46 AM) I see at least 1 anonymous user on constantly. Might be one of the web crawler bots that's just not being flagged like Bing is. Or could be some random user that trolls but doesn't post.
@  theronz : (21 July 2014 - 03:58 AM) awww hell now theres 2 anon...havent seen that the 7 yrs i been here lmao!
@  theronz : (21 July 2014 - 03:47 AM) beater do you sign in anonymous cuz it always says 1 anon then you post something lately LOL IS DAT CHEW??
@  BeaterStatus : (21 July 2014 - 03:20 AM) Pictures are working on the site for the latest post. Enjoy the read :)
@  Stratuscaster : (20 July 2014 - 01:02 PM) Indeed.
@  IRSmart : (19 July 2014 - 12:46 PM) Surprised to see that my name is still sponsering the shoutbox after all these years. at least you guys won't forget me lol
@  theronz : (19 July 2014 - 12:45 AM) putting my car back to stock. will be making for sale thread
@  BeaterStatus : (18 July 2014 - 02:58 PM) Thanks Zoltan!
@  theronz : (18 July 2014 - 01:17 PM) kenny you should take a road trip and come get my long block for cheap. needs a good crank and conn rods.

Photo

Serpentine belt length to bypass A/C compressor?

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 nstenz

nstenz

CAN HAZ TURBO???

• Admin Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,289 posts

Posted 19 May 2011 - 08:43 AM

My A/C compressor left a big puddle of bright green dyed oil under it, so I think it's probably done for. I assume that it'll be fine if I disconnect the clutch so it can't engage (in case it tries to seize up), but just in case, I'd like to have a belt handy to bypass it.

Anybody know the length I need offhand? I don't want to dig around in there if I can help it. I have enough other stuff to do.

#2 Green Sound Stratus

Green Sound Stratus

Tweeter

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,589 posts

Posted 19 May 2011 - 10:33 AM

My A/C compressor left a big puddle of bright green dyed oil under it, so I think it's probably done for. I assume that it'll be fine if I disconnect the clutch so it can't engage (in case it tries to seize up), but just in case, I'd like to have a belt handy to bypass it.

Anybody know the length I need offhand? I don't want to dig around in there if I can help it. I have enough other stuff to do.

Another quick method to prevent unwanted clutch engagement is to pull the fuse/relay etc (not sure which it is) in the under hood compartment.

#3 5ltreatr

5ltreatr

Viper Powered

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 752 posts

Posted 19 May 2011 - 07:45 PM

I know the measurement of the belt is in the part number. I want to say its in centimeters. I want to say its the last few digits in the part number. You can use some string and measure it, and then see if the parts store has a belt around that number via part number. That's how I did it when I installed my UDP and ODP.

#4 Green Sound Stratus

Green Sound Stratus

Tweeter

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,589 posts

Posted 20 May 2011 - 05:54 AM

I know the measurement of the belt is in the part number. I want to say its in centimeters. I want to say its the last few digits in the part number. You can use some string and measure it, and then see if the parts store has a belt around that number via part number. That's how I did it when I installed my UDP and ODP.

Millimeters actually... well, who knows though with different brands.

#5 5ltreatr

5ltreatr

Viper Powered

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 752 posts

Posted 20 May 2011 - 07:48 AM

No problem. I'm just trying to help him out. Thanks for the correction. I wasn't sure. I'm definitely missing my stratus...I need to get it running again. I have to sell my turbo set up first however. I'm just going to go with a 10.5 bottom end and big cams.

Edited by 5ltreatr, 20 May 2011 - 07:50 AM.

#6 MrProtossCloudCar

MrProtossCloudCar

• Members
  • Pip
  • 37 posts

Posted 20 May 2011 - 10:39 PM

No problem. I'm just trying to help him out. Thanks for the correction. I wasn't sure. I'm definitely missing my stratus...I need to get it running again. I have to sell my turbo set up first however. I'm just going to go with a 10.5 bottom end and big cams.

Dont qoute me on this but, my condsenor siezed and i bypassed it with a dodge daytona 2.5 belt size im not sure until i get under the hood this AM ill post it in the AM for ya reason i know this is i had a dodge daytona and my brother in law changed the belt and said they were the same. But I'll get a size for ya

#7 nstenz

nstenz

CAN HAZ TURBO???

• Admin Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,289 posts

Posted 21 May 2011 - 12:19 PM

Awesome. Thanks.

#8 Stratuslowrider

Stratuslowrider

Only 13 yrs to find a project a car for me and my son!!&

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,201 posts

Posted 21 May 2011 - 01:09 PM

I used a gatorback belt #4040355 4pk0900.

When i removed my ac. Fits perfectly.