Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox - sponsored by IRSmart's ToyBox! Open the Shoutbox in a popup

The Shoutbox is not intended for technical discussions. Please post your technical questions in the forums so that everyone can benefit.
@  theronz : (24 October 2014 - 02:42 AM) +1

Photo

Serpentine belt length to bypass A/C compressor?

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 nstenz

nstenz

CAN HAZ TURBO???

• Admin Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,298 posts

Posted 19 May 2011 - 08:43 AM

My A/C compressor left a big puddle of bright green dyed oil under it, so I think it's probably done for. I assume that it'll be fine if I disconnect the clutch so it can't engage (in case it tries to seize up), but just in case, I'd like to have a belt handy to bypass it.

Anybody know the length I need offhand? I don't want to dig around in there if I can help it. I have enough other stuff to do.

#2 Green Sound Stratus

Green Sound Stratus

Tweeter

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,589 posts

Posted 19 May 2011 - 10:33 AM

My A/C compressor left a big puddle of bright green dyed oil under it, so I think it's probably done for. I assume that it'll be fine if I disconnect the clutch so it can't engage (in case it tries to seize up), but just in case, I'd like to have a belt handy to bypass it.

Anybody know the length I need offhand? I don't want to dig around in there if I can help it. I have enough other stuff to do.

Another quick method to prevent unwanted clutch engagement is to pull the fuse/relay etc (not sure which it is) in the under hood compartment.

#3 5ltreatr

5ltreatr

Viper Powered

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 752 posts

Posted 19 May 2011 - 07:45 PM

I know the measurement of the belt is in the part number. I want to say its in centimeters. I want to say its the last few digits in the part number. You can use some string and measure it, and then see if the parts store has a belt around that number via part number. That's how I did it when I installed my UDP and ODP.

#4 Green Sound Stratus

Green Sound Stratus

Tweeter

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,589 posts

Posted 20 May 2011 - 05:54 AM

I know the measurement of the belt is in the part number. I want to say its in centimeters. I want to say its the last few digits in the part number. You can use some string and measure it, and then see if the parts store has a belt around that number via part number. That's how I did it when I installed my UDP and ODP.

Millimeters actually... well, who knows though with different brands.

#5 5ltreatr

5ltreatr

Viper Powered

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 752 posts

Posted 20 May 2011 - 07:48 AM

No problem. I'm just trying to help him out. Thanks for the correction. I wasn't sure. I'm definitely missing my stratus...I need to get it running again. I have to sell my turbo set up first however. I'm just going to go with a 10.5 bottom end and big cams.

Edited by 5ltreatr, 20 May 2011 - 07:50 AM.

#6 MrProtossCloudCar

MrProtossCloudCar

• Members
  • Pip
  • 37 posts

Posted 20 May 2011 - 10:39 PM

No problem. I'm just trying to help him out. Thanks for the correction. I wasn't sure. I'm definitely missing my stratus...I need to get it running again. I have to sell my turbo set up first however. I'm just going to go with a 10.5 bottom end and big cams.

Dont qoute me on this but, my condsenor siezed and i bypassed it with a dodge daytona 2.5 belt size im not sure until i get under the hood this AM ill post it in the AM for ya reason i know this is i had a dodge daytona and my brother in law changed the belt and said they were the same. But I'll get a size for ya

#7 nstenz

nstenz

CAN HAZ TURBO???

• Admin Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,298 posts

Posted 21 May 2011 - 12:19 PM

Awesome. Thanks.

#8 Stratuslowrider

Stratuslowrider

Only 13 yrs to find a project a car for me and my son!!&

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,201 posts

Posted 21 May 2011 - 01:09 PM

I used a gatorback belt #4040355 4pk0900.

When i removed my ac. Fits perfectly.