Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox - sponsored by IRSmart's ToyBox! Open the Shoutbox in a popup

The Shoutbox is not intended for technical discussions. Please post your technical questions in the forums so that everyone can benefit.
@  Mckinney_Tx : (05 February 2016 - 08:55 PM) to damn busy
@  Mckinney_Tx : (05 February 2016 - 08:54 PM) hell i aint
@  Dylan214 : (05 February 2016 - 05:27 PM) Yeah its more of the I dont want to lose the info, and not have anyone use the site. Yes FB is great! but when were having huge topics about stuff We can't archive it if its important.
@  borgwarrior : (05 February 2016 - 09:06 AM) but we are still here, no matter what. :)
@  sgtmyers88 : (04 February 2016 - 07:54 PM) Yeah my original intent for the FB page was just to be a check in page to keep in touch if the main sight/firum goes down again.. It kinda evolved on its own from there..
@  Dylan214 : (04 February 2016 - 09:25 AM) Hyper, I would love to take "more roll" or even purchase site and make it great/ better then before. This being said I am going to keep that in mind for the app bc I am still learning that. I am a IT Security/Networking guy. I do Websites etc on the sites but mostly Whitehat stuff.
@  Hyper4fx : (04 February 2016 - 09:22 AM) I can agree with you there friend... I could even make a phone app. It can be active forum... but like you said .... With the right People.
@  Dylan214 : (04 February 2016 - 09:07 AM) I want to restore the forum and I believe it can be done, But we gotta think, Do we have the right ppl for the job? YEs we do, there def alot of things we could do and etc but it all depends on who wants to grab the bull by the horns and thats me I want to make this site the ALL in one.
@  Dylan214 : (04 February 2016 - 09:04 AM) I understand where yalls are coming from, But you dont want to lose the traffic and etc for the Forum. The FB page doesnt allow you to keep backups , no archiving, and no searchability, Now look I understand ppl use fb easier then this forum but I wouldnt just drive all the traffic to that page.
@  Hyper4fx : (04 February 2016 - 09:01 AM) FB will always be more active and responsive then this Forum..... just sayin. The forum is okay for looking up stuff.. But FB is real time interaction... I started a Dodge Stratus FB Tribute page 4 years ago when this forum lost it's momentum. It pretty active with over 1300 users. Then we started up the FB Group.. and I redirected all traffic from the page to the new group.... Your Welcome.
@  Stratuscaster : (03 February 2016 - 10:05 PM) I'd post in both AND in the forums - only way we can get them active again...
@  rustbucketbingo : (02 February 2016 - 10:48 AM) Sweet thanks man.
@  Dylan214 : (01 February 2016 - 07:42 PM) https://www.facebook...55723377993705/
@  rustbucketbingo : (01 February 2016 - 11:18 AM) https://www.facebook...44842639009987/ this one?
@  Dylan214 : (30 January 2016 - 09:08 PM) Go to the fb page

Photo

Serpentine belt length to bypass A/C compressor?

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 nstenz

nstenz

CAN HAZ TURBO???

• Admin Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,300 posts

Posted 19 May 2011 - 08:43 AM

My A/C compressor left a big puddle of bright green dyed oil under it, so I think it's probably done for. I assume that it'll be fine if I disconnect the clutch so it can't engage (in case it tries to seize up), but just in case, I'd like to have a belt handy to bypass it.

Anybody know the length I need offhand? I don't want to dig around in there if I can help it. I have enough other stuff to do.

#2 Green Sound Stratus

Green Sound Stratus

Tweeter

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,589 posts

Posted 19 May 2011 - 10:33 AM

My A/C compressor left a big puddle of bright green dyed oil under it, so I think it's probably done for. I assume that it'll be fine if I disconnect the clutch so it can't engage (in case it tries to seize up), but just in case, I'd like to have a belt handy to bypass it.

Anybody know the length I need offhand? I don't want to dig around in there if I can help it. I have enough other stuff to do.

Another quick method to prevent unwanted clutch engagement is to pull the fuse/relay etc (not sure which it is) in the under hood compartment.

#3 5ltreatr

5ltreatr

Viper Powered

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 752 posts

Posted 19 May 2011 - 07:45 PM

I know the measurement of the belt is in the part number. I want to say its in centimeters. I want to say its the last few digits in the part number. You can use some string and measure it, and then see if the parts store has a belt around that number via part number. That's how I did it when I installed my UDP and ODP.

#4 Green Sound Stratus

Green Sound Stratus

Tweeter

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,589 posts

Posted 20 May 2011 - 05:54 AM

I know the measurement of the belt is in the part number. I want to say its in centimeters. I want to say its the last few digits in the part number. You can use some string and measure it, and then see if the parts store has a belt around that number via part number. That's how I did it when I installed my UDP and ODP.

Millimeters actually... well, who knows though with different brands.

#5 5ltreatr

5ltreatr

Viper Powered

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 752 posts

Posted 20 May 2011 - 07:48 AM

No problem. I'm just trying to help him out. Thanks for the correction. I wasn't sure. I'm definitely missing my stratus...I need to get it running again. I have to sell my turbo set up first however. I'm just going to go with a 10.5 bottom end and big cams.

Edited by 5ltreatr, 20 May 2011 - 07:50 AM.

#6 MrProtossCloudCar

MrProtossCloudCar

• Members
  • Pip
  • 37 posts

Posted 20 May 2011 - 10:39 PM

No problem. I'm just trying to help him out. Thanks for the correction. I wasn't sure. I'm definitely missing my stratus...I need to get it running again. I have to sell my turbo set up first however. I'm just going to go with a 10.5 bottom end and big cams.

Dont qoute me on this but, my condsenor siezed and i bypassed it with a dodge daytona 2.5 belt size im not sure until i get under the hood this AM ill post it in the AM for ya reason i know this is i had a dodge daytona and my brother in law changed the belt and said they were the same. But I'll get a size for ya

#7 nstenz

nstenz

CAN HAZ TURBO???

• Admin Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,300 posts

Posted 21 May 2011 - 12:19 PM

Awesome. Thanks.

#8 Stratuslowrider

Stratuslowrider

Only 13 yrs to find a project a car for me and my son!!&

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,201 posts

Posted 21 May 2011 - 01:09 PM

I used a gatorback belt #4040355 4pk0900.

When i removed my ac. Fits perfectly.